Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars

"I fear Oblivion"

To sleep with pain is the one worst thing a man can go through and I'm doing that today. John Greene not just made me cry when I read his book 'The Fault In Our Stars' but he also made me think of the life I'm living.

I'm normally a stone hearted kind of guy. Well, I used to cry a lot (long ago), but in the past couple of years, tears weren't flowing that often. This book touched me deep down and ever since problems weren't big enough for me to weep over. I understood that there were issues far more intense than a crying mother or a silly fight.

That should have been the end of it. I moved on, but life isn't fair to people who forget lessons. Sheilene Woodly came along and gave life to  Hazel Grace. All I could wish now is that I should have been Augustus. I should have been the one who took her to Amsterdam. I should have been the one who should have listened to my own eulogy from her. I should have been the the one lying there in that casket before I see her in one.

Well, none of that happened. My eyes are still soggy and I wish I could just pour out my heart here. But I just want others to watch this film and think of it on their own. An emotional one indeed. I suggest people to read the novel before watching the film.

To people who think they have a horrible love story, you have no idea what horrible is.

No comments:

Post a Comment